The Urban Forestry Committee is an advisory committee appointed by the mayor to assist the City in the management of its tree resources.
The committee consists of nine members. By ordinance, four of the members must be local professionals with expertise in forestry management and practice.
Urban Forestry Committee Members:
- Keith Jones, Chairman (Citizen & Idaho Department of Parks and Rec)
- John Schwandt, Vice Chairman (Retired Forest Pathologist)
- Steve Bloedel (Forester, Forest Products Industry)
- Bob Hallock (Utilities Engineer)
- Bruce Martinek (Forester, BLM)
- Glenn Truscott (Forester/USFS Retired
- Tom Ball (Retired Forester)
- Tim Kastning (Consulting Arborist)
- Marie Michealson (Student Rep)
From left: Marie Michaelson, Tom Ball, John Schwandt, Bruce Martinek, Katie Kosanke, Steve Bloedel, Glenn Truscott, Keith Jones, Bob Hallock.
Preparation of an approved list of appropriate tree species for planting on public property;
Development of standards for planting, placement, pruning and maintenance of trees located on City property;
Recommend specific actions to be taken regarding problems with trees involving the Urban Forestry Ordinance. As part of this responsibility, committee members inspect right-of-way trees for which a request for a removal permit has been recieved. Inspections are made once a month;
The development of a comprehensive street tree inventory;
To provide, upon request, advice and consultation to the Mayor, City Council and City departments, on matters relating to trees.
Third Friday of the month at 8:00 a.m. at City Hall in the Warner Room.
710 E. Mullan Avenue
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
Click here to see the minutes from the last Urban Forestry Committee meeting.
Click here to view the Current Agenda.